The Manor

1402

The earliest written records tell us that the area was part of the manor of Wyks Bishop, held by the Bishops of Norwich from the 13th century, but we do not if an estate house existed on the site at that time.
 
During the reign of Henry VIII the manor was surrendered to the crown, and shortly afterwards granted to Sir John Jermy.
 
There followed a succession of lords of the manor before the title was acquired by John Cobbold in 1812. The painting right shows park and house in 1867.