Wessex Archaeology is a leading heritage practice and is committed to the protection of the environment by meeting the needs of the present without compromising those of the future. Wessex Archaeology is also committed to preventing and minimising the impact of its operations on the environment. This will be achieved by:
- Complying with all relevant legislation regarding;
- Air pollution
- Water pollution
- Waste disposal
- Working closely with our clients and partners in minimising our environmental impact.
- Working with our suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment.
- Promoting individual awareness of good environmental practices within Wessex Archaeology Ltd.
This Environment Policy is communicated to all employees and contractors who work for Wessex Archaeology. The policy will be displayed prominently at all sites and work places. It is this company’s intention that all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions and that all reasonable practicable measures are taken to avoid and/or alleviate potential damage or nuisance to people and impact on the environment.
Wessex Archaeology’s management and supervisory staff are responsible for implementing the Environment Policy throughout the company, and must ensure that, subject to requirements of Health and Safety, Environment Protection has a high priority in planning and everyday work practices.
Wessex Archaeology will continue to improve our environmental performance by:
- Putting in place an Environmental Management System, ISO 14001 compliant.
- Training our employees in environmental awareness.
- Measuring our environmental impact and setting an action plan, to include:
- Implementing energy saving technologies and initiatives.
- Adopting strategies to minimise the environmental impacts of business travel
- Using utilities in a responsible and economic way to minimise negative impacts on the environment.
- Managing waste according to our duty of care, minimising volumes going to landfill, by re-use and recycling wherever possible.
- Purchasing supplies wherever possible which are recycled and recyclable, and whose production and use minimises the consumption of natural resources.
- Conserving resources by ensuring that buildings and fittings are properly maintained and reflect appropriate eco guidance.
This Policy applies to all employees, volunteers, and contractors of Wessex Archaeology Ltd involved in operations and activities associated with the Company.
Chris Brayne – Chief Executive