Wessex Archaeology invites applications for the following post:
2D Animator (6 month post)
Based in Salisbury
Technician Grade £19,373 - £20,841
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Wessex Archaeology is one of the largest independent archaeological practices in the UK and is a registered Charity whose aims are to support the education of the public in the arts, culture, heritage and science through the pursuit of archaeology, to benefit society and the economy. We recognise that our employees are paramount to our success and aim to foster a working environment that protects the physical and mental well-being of our people.
We are currently seeking to appoint an Animator to work alongside our Studio team creating animations for education resources, internal and external communications and to be included in video outputs. This role will require animation to be created for different time periods, as well as promotional Case Studies.
They would be expected to be flexible in their approach and help develop efficient animation workflows within the team. They will need to provide time estimates and will be expected to track their time to inform future project requirements.
The aim of this position is to create animations that can be used for training, educational and promotional use. The role though based out of the office at our Headquarters in Salisbury also allows for remote working.
The successful candidate will:
- be a recent graduate animator seeking employment within the heritage sector;
- have an understanding of animation software including Adobe CCS;
- have experience of storyboarding and animation workflows;
- have a portfolio of examples of their work;
- have a keen interest in heritage or archaeology;
- be an ambitious individual with the aptitude and aspiration to develop;
- have excellent communication skills;
- be technically astute, with an excellent understanding of the requirements of animation deliverables;
- have a flexible, pragmatic, collaborative approach.
What will this provide?
The successful candidate will receive:
- an opportunity for Continuing Professional Development
- a chance to expand their understanding of potential employers and their requirements
- experience of working in a commercial company
- an opportunity to work alongside a team of illustrators, 3D artists and animators
- an opportunity to work on heritage interpretation products
- an opportunity to create archaeological characters from various time periods
- access to heritage specialist knowledge
- an opportunity to help develop workflows
- an opportunity to expand their portfolio
Applicants are invited to submit a completed application form with a copy of their CV and portfolio link, and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by close of business on Friday 30 October 2020. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. For all queries, please contact Karen Nichols (Studio Manager) email@example.com
Wessex Archaeology is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK will be required prior to commencement of employment.