Wessex Archaeology invites applications via The Source for the following post:
Based in Sheffield, UK
£348.54 per week
37 Hours Per Week. Mon – Fri
Are you looking to develop a wide range of business skills? Wessex Archaeology are a national company with a supportive and family feel, who are now looking to recruit an Apprentice Business Support Coordinator to join their Sheffield based team.
Duties will include:
This Apprenticeship will teach you a wide range of business skills including procurement, finance, HR administration, travel bookings and general administration to support the team in Sheffield.
You’ll learn how to:
- Answer the phone and dealing with enquiries in a professional manner
- Respond to emails and share internal communications
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail
- Take deliveries and arrange collections
- Update the staff schedule board
- Order office or site supplies/equipment and carry out stock checks
- Process purchase orders and invoices
- Co-ordinate driving licence checks are completed within agreed timeframes
- Archiving and filing including creating and filling vehicle log sheets
- Book travel and accommodation including payments and confirmations
- Collate new starter documentation for HR
- Creating field guides, site folders and any other site literature as required
- Process site time sheets and deal with any missing data
General administration including:
- Laminating / Binding / Shredding
- Booking Internal and estate meeting room
- Obtaining documents for HR including unpaid leave forms & copies of driving licence
- Ensure all workload management systems, e.g. email and task records are maintained in accordance with departmental best practice
- Motivated with a positive attitude
- Customer focused
- Willing to contribute to team discussions
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good attention to detail and likes a methodical approach to tasks
- Enjoys getting things right first time
- Enjoys completing task in the required timescales
- Team player
- Confident to take own initiative
- GCSE English, Maths – Grade 4 or above desirable (or equivalent)
- Good ICT skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Confident communicator
The successful candidate will study a Level 2 qualification in Business and Administration. This will be aided by an assessor who will carry out all assessments as work-based learning within the workplace.
This is initially a fixed term contract but subject to funding there is potential progression to the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
Wessex Archaeology is the UK’s leading provider of archaeological and heritage services, and an educational charity.
Established for 40 years, we offer an unrivalled range of services above ground, below ground and underwater, delivered by over 320 industry experts from an international network of offices.
As a registered charity, community engagement is at the heart of what we do. We are committed to promoting education in science, the arts, culture and heritage.
Applications must be made via The Source website. Closing date Friday 31 January 2020.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.