Wessex Archaeology invites applications for the following post:
Business Support Administrator
Based in Salisbury, UK
£23,331 to £25,439 p.a.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience
Wessex Archaeology is one of the largest and successful independent archaeological practices in the UK. We are a registered charity and invest our profits to deliver public benefit by gathering, interpreting and sharing knowledge about the past. We recognise that our employees are paramount to our success and aim to foster a working environment that protects the physical and mental well-being of our people.
At Wessex Archaeology, we employ more than 320 staff across a diverse range of specialisms, from field archaeologists and marine geophysicists to researchers and graphics officers. Our staff work on projects around the world, from our UK offices in Salisbury, Bristol, Edinburgh, Mepham and Sheffield; with an expanding network of international offices.
We are seeking an experienced, organised Business Support Administrator to join the Wessex Archaeology Business Support Team working in our Salisbury office, supporting our teams to deliver a quality service to our clients, both internally and externally. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a busy office and looking to further develop their skills and experience. The successful candidate will be a proactive individual who enjoys a varied workload, has excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills. The role will include various administrative support with key tasks outlined below:
- Delivering office support covering Reception, switchboard, ordering stationery, kitchen supplies, managing post/couriers and co-ordinating meeting rooms.
- Organising accommodation, plant/vehicles for deployment on projects and printing/scanning for site works
- Processing timesheets and expenses, both locally and assisting, where required, nationally.
- Raising purchase orders and invoicing for internal and external projects
- Ad hoc projects both locally and nationally
- Previous experience of working collaboratively within a business support/administrative role
- Confident in using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent including Maths and English
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Relevant administrative qualification e.g. secretarial qualification, NVQ Business Administration qualification,
- Experience of using Microsoft 365 tools e.g. Teams, To do and planner. (Training will be provided if required)
Wessex Archaeology offers a flexible approach to working, however due to the nature of the role this will be office-based working.
Applicants are invited to submit a completed application form (available to download below) along with a CV and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post. Applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by Thursday 6 August 2021. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged.
The interview date will be Tuesday 10 August 2021. Any queries can be directed to Claire Hammond, Business Support Manager/Executive Assistant via email email@example.com.
Whilst Wessex Archaeology welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, it is essential that the successful candidate must by the start of their employment have permission to work in the UK. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK will be required prior to commencement of employment.