Wessex Archaeology invites applications for the following posts:
Finance Assistant (Sales Ledger)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
REF: SALFIN 05.19
Finance Assistant £21,871 to £22,871 p.a.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience
Wessex Archaeology is one of the largest independent archaeological practices in the UK. We are a registered charity and invest our profits to deliver public benefit by gathering, interpreting and sharing knowledge about the past. We recognise that our employees are paramount to our success and aim to foster a working environment that protects the physical and mental well-being of our people.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, capable Finance Assistant to join the Finance Team at our head office in Salisbury. The ideal candidate will have some experience of working within a busy finance office but will be looking to develop their skills and experience.
- Managing our sales ledger: setting up new clients, creating and processing invoices and credit notes
- Some credit control in support of the Credit Controller
- Providing proactive support to our Project Managers on best practice in project accounting through our in-house project management system
- Supporting the Chief Financial Officer in month and year end accounts
- Providing absence cover and support for the rest of the Finance Team
- You will be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- You will be highly motivated, positive and proactive
- You will be commercially minded
- You will share knowledge and understanding
- Previous experience of working within a finance team and of finance processing
- Confidence in using accounting packages and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- AAT optional
- Experience of interpreting contract payment terms an advantage
- Competitive salary range in line with CIfA salary guidelines (appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience and CIfA membership as appropriate). 50% contribution towards CIfA subscription fees;
- A company Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – confidential external advice on health and wellbeing;
- 22 days p.a. holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 27 after 5 year’s continuous employment;
- Paid sick leave from start of contract;
- Immediate eligibility for inclusion in the group pension plan with an employer contribution of 5%;
- Free accommodation provided for projects beyond reasonable travel distances, as well as an overnight subsistence payment (£15 per night, with a further £5 per night as breakfast contribution if in S/C accommodation);
- Free transport from regional offices to sites;
- High quality personal protective equipment;
- Drivers are entitled to time in lieu in excess of the 7.4 working day;
- Individual training and development, including free BAJR skills passport, HSE certification, mentoring, annual appraisal, personal development plans and career progression maps;
- Life assurance scheme;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Bike2Work scheme.
Applicants are invited to submit a completed application form (available to download below) along with a CV and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post. Applications to be emailed to email@example.com. Applications must be received by close of business on Wednesday 5 June 2019. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged.
Whilst Wessex Archaeology welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, it is essential that all applicants must be either a British citizen, EU National or hold a full work visa or a current work permit. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK will be required prior to commencement of employment.