Wessex Archaeology invites applications for the following post:
£21,871 - £24,839, 6-month post
Based in Salisbury (remote)
Wessex Archaeology is the UK’s leading provider of archaeological and heritage services, and an educational charity seeking to enrich lives through heritage. We recognise that our employees are paramount to our success and aim to foster a working environment that protects the physical and mental well-being of our people.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Marketing Assistant to work within our Communications and Marketing team, who will be helping to develop and implement marketing plans for our commercial services to the construction sector. As a successful hire, you will play a pivotal role in helping us to grow our business and maintain our position as the leading archaeological partner to the UK’s most significant infrastructure projects. You’ll be identifying marketing trends and opportunities for growth, enacting the B2B marketing strategy through a mix of traditional and digital channels, and creating imaginative marketing materials that cut through to our target audiences. You will also be supporting with our busy programme of (mostly virtual) business events.
To be successful in this role, you must have a sound understanding of marketing strategy and channels, gained through either a Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field, or prior work experience in a marketing role. Effective written and verbal communication skills, a high level of attention to detail, and a creative and proactive approach are all crucial attributes.
This will be a 6-month funded role initially, sat within an energetic and friendly team and offers an exciting opportunity to be involved in the establishment of one of the newest functions within the organisation. You don’t need to be an expert in archaeology to apply – we’re looking for a someone with an eye for a business opportunity and creative flair who loves getting stuck in and is ready for a challenge. The role though based out of the office at our Headquarters in Salisbury also allows for remote working.
- Creating and delivering one compelling marketing campaign to the construction sector
- Helping to conduct and collate findings from market research, data entry and analysis
- Assisting in the development and distribution of marketing and promotional material
- Supporting at industry events
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and identifying marketing opportunities
- Writing targeted content for website and blogs
- Assisting in the creation and distribution of newsletters and information
- Creating content for social media channels
- Reporting on success by monitoring key metrics
- Liaising and strengthening relationships with suppliers and clients
- Proven experience in a marketing role
- Strong understanding of marketing principles
- Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience of using creative software (e.g. Adobe suite, Canva) with a creative flair
- A proactive approach, with the ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing software and online applications (CRM tools, online analytics, Google AdWords etc.)
- BSc in Marketing, Business or relevant field is a strong advantage
The successful candidate will receive:
- an opportunity for Continuing Professional Development;
- a chance to expand their skills and understanding of what is required from a marketing professional;
- experience working in a commercial company;
Applicants are invited to submit a completed application form (available to download below), with a copy of their CV, and return it by email to email@example.com. Applications must be received by close of business on Friday 30 October 2020. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. For all queries, please contact Madeleine Gilbert (Communications and Marketing Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
Wessex Archaeology is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK will be required prior to commencement of employment.