Wessex Archaeology invites applications for the following post:
£26,167 - £30,356
Full time, Permanent
Standard Working Hours are 37 per week but flexible working would be considered
Salary commensurate with skills and experience
Wessex Archaeology is one of the UK’s largest and most comprehensive archaeological providers and a market leader in the provision of historic environment services in the UK. We are a registered charity and our activities aim to deliver public benefit by gathering and creating knowledge about the past, interpreting and disseminating it.
To continue and maintain the organisations desire to put quality at the heart of its work there is a need to recruit a Quality Specialist, whose role is to help deliver the agreed organisational quality objectives and support the Quality Director in implementing planned strategic actions.
With support and direction from the Quality Director the role will assist them in undertaking Quality Management tasks, in addition to liaising with the Occupational Health and Safety Team and supporting the development of an integrated management system and collaborating with different teams within the organisation promoting the value of the quality policy and process.
This role would offer an interesting and unique opportunity for someone looking to develop the capability of taking the lead in the Quality Management process and apply their skills in a heritage environment.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- reviewing process and procedures
- assisting with continuous improvement monitoring and reporting
- assisting with QMS performance evaluation and reporting
- assisting with planning and delivery of internal audit schedules
- supporting Managers with QMS elements in ITT & PQQ’s
- collaborating with teams to ensure inductions to QMS and promote understanding of WA QMS, policy, aims & objectives.
- helping WA understand and facilitate actions for dealing with non-conformities.
- assisting with annual external audits
The essential experience and qualifications you will need are:
- Relevant qualifications and experience in ISO 9001
- Possess excellent communication, numeracy and IT skills.
- UK driving licence and the ability to stay away
The desirable requirements are:
- Experience in the Heritage industry
- Membership of CQI
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- To be resilient and self-motivated;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- A problem-solving aptitude
- The ability to work well with a team
- The ability to build relationships with clients.
- Creativity and innovation skills.
- Attention to details.
- Patience and problem-solving aptitude.
- An organised approach to work
- To understand and embody Wessex Archaeology’s core values.
Wessex Archaeology operates nationwide from our regional offices in Salisbury, Sheffield, Meopham, Bristol and Edinburgh. A location within reach of one of these offices would be an advantage.
- Competitive salary range;
- The opportunity to engage with a wide range of historic environment projects through the course of your working day;
- A company Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – confidential external advice on health and wellbeing;
- 22 days p.a. holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Paid sick leave from start of contract;
- Immediate eligibility for inclusion in the group pension plan with an employer contribution of 5%;
- Individual training and development, mentoring, annual appraisal, personal development plans and career progression maps;
- Life assurance scheme;
- Bike2Work scheme.
Applicants are invited to submit a completed application form (available to download below) along with a CV and covering letter. Applications to be emailed to email@example.com. Applications must be received by close of business on 18th June 2021. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. Interview dates in late June are likely but details tbc, these will be done remotely due to Covid-19 precautions.
Potential applicants are welcome to contact Linda Coleman Quality Director firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Wessex Archaeology is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK will be required prior to commencement of employment.