Wessex Archaeology invites applications for the following post:
Senior Finance Officer
Based in Salisbury, UK
REF: SALFIN 07.20
£27,810 to £31,850 p.a.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience
Wessex Archaeology is one of the largest and successful independent archaeological practices in the UK. We are a registered charity and invest our profits to deliver public benefit by gathering, interpreting and sharing knowledge about the past. We recognise that our employees are paramount to our success and aim to foster a working environment that protects the physical and mental well-being of our people.
We are seeking an experienced, proactive Finance Senior to join the Wessex Archaeology Finance Team working directly with the Chief Finance Officer at our Head Office in Salisbury. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a busy finance office and looking to further develop their skills and experience. We are looking for an individual who is proactive.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly Management Accounts
- Preparation of Y/E Accounts
- Sales ledger – working with the Project Managers and Project Support team to manage project invoicing.
- Book-keeping – processing accruals, pre-payments, fixed assets, Capital expenditure, Journals, cash and bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly VAT calculations and returns
- Produce Profit and Loss accounts, Balance Sheets and make any necessary adjustments
- Support Purchase Ledger Officer and Credit Controller during absence
- Supporting the CFO to manage overseas subsidiary accounting
- Perform/assess company credit checks for new clients
- You will have previous experience of finance processing with particular focus on management accounting
- You will be experienced and confident in using accounting packages (Sage Xero an advantage)
- You will be commercially minded
- You will have excellent numeracy and Excel skills
- You will be proactive in your approach
- Previous experience of management accounting – monthly and quarterly
- Previous experience of working collaboratively within a finance team
- Confident in using accounting packages and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- AAT/CIMA (Qualified or willing to study)
- Experience of interpreting contract payment terms an advantage
- Working with overseas subsidiary organisations
- Experience of year end accounting
Wessex Archaeology offers a flexible approach to working with core hours between 10am and 2pm. Some study support may be offered, dependent on the individual.
Applicants are invited to submit a completed application form (available to download below) along with a CV and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post. Applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by close of business on Wednesday 5 August 2020. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. The interview dates will be Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 August 2020, individuals will be asked to undertake an assessment to demonstrate their accounting experience.
Wessex Archaeology is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK will be required prior to commencement of employment.