- About Us
Barrow Clump Open Day
Discover amazing archaeology and spectacular artefacts at Barrow Clump on Salisbury Plain. Visit a Bronze Age burial mound and Saxon cemetery being excavated by injured soldiers and Wessex Archaeology as part of Operation Nightingale.
Saturday 20th July 2013 10am-4pm
Free entry, all ages welcome.
- Experience a real archaeological dig site
- Witness the discovery of Saxon burials
- Meet archaeologists and learn about our work
- View some fascinating artefacts from the excavation
- Handle replica Saxon artefacts from Wiltshire Museum
- Get hands on in our ‘mini digs’
- Make and decorate your own clay pot
- Meet Channel 4’s Time Team favourite Phil Harding
How to find us:
Drive north on the A345 from the Amesbury junction of the A303, crossing one roundabout. Turn right at the ‘C’ tank crossing and follow signs to the parking area. Please note that the site is a 15-minute walk from the parking area.
Limited spaces are available at the site for those with walking difficulties.
For more information contact Laura Joyner on 01722 326867 or email Laura