- About Us
Archaeology data downloads
Some of our larger projects and joint ventures with partner organisations create large digital datasets. Material can include texts, databases, digital images, and GIS files. Our aim is to make these datasets available for other researchers and professionals. Many have been deposited with, and are available from, the Archaeology Data Service.
In most cases only raw data packages are available but increasingly we are trying to provide free presentational and analytical software to make our data more accessible.
- All WA geotagged content (title, link, location) is now available in KML (wessex-projects.kml).
- Experimentally this data is also available as JSON - latest version 6/4/12.
- Assessing Boats and Ships (importance of shipwrecks from the 19th and 20th centuries lying around the coast of England).
- Channel Tunnel Rail Link Section 1 The first part of the high speed rail link was referred to as Section 1 and was constructed through the county of Kent from the Channel Tunnel portal near Folkestone to the south of Gravesend.
- JJ Wymer Archive (Dr John Wymer was Britain's foremost specialist in Palaeolithic archaeology, with an unparalleled knowledge of Quaternary geology and the earliest human artefacts in Britain that are occasionally associated with these deposits. The archive contains digitised copies of his field notebooks, covering 1949-2004).
- Heathrow Terminal 5 (Perry Oaks) Excavations - With free Windows GIS data viewer (Raw data also available).
- Stonehenge 20th Century Excavations Databases.
- The Stansted Framework Project (also available from the Framework Archaeology website).
- TERPS - The English Rivers Project (Lower Palaeolithic occupation).
- WAMAP: Wessex Archaeology Metric Archive Project (Wessex Archaeology metric animal bone data).
|Projects Map.json||85.09 KB|