Coastal & Marine
Wessex Archaeology's Coastal & Marine Team is the leading provider of marine archaeological services in the UK, supporting offshore renewable energy; marine mineral extraction; ports and harbours; cables; pipelines; flood and coastal defence; strategic research; and marine heritage management.
The team is one of the biggest globally, comprising over 30 specialist archaeologists, geophysicists, geo-archaeologists, and learning and access staff. With a strong reputation for quality and innovation, the team combines academic rigour with a highly practical focus on clients' requirements.
Find out more about the work of our Coastal & Marine team.
- Engaging with consultees, stakeholders and communities
- Initial advice and scoping
- EIA and desk-based research
- Written schemes of investigation
- Retained archaeologists
- Unique onshore-intertidal-offshore survey capability
- Advice on surveys and data management
- Industry leader in archaeological interpretation
- In-house Coda GeoSurvey with Seismic+ and Fledermaus
- Specialists in high resolution archaeological surveys
- Onshore and offshore survey attendance
- Staged assessments
- Scientific dating
- Palaeo-environmental analyses
- Deposit modelling
- Advice and call-outs
- Intertidal survey
- HSE inland/inshore diving contractor
- ROV surveys
- Offshore attendance and watching briefs