Wessex Archaeology's Specialist Services Team consists of over forty experts, providing a high quality service to planners, designers, developers, property managers, schools and community groups.
Our comprehensive service covers all areas of post-excavation and publication, finds and environmental analysis, graphics, heritage-related IT services, learning and access.
The team members lead their field in innovation, scientific development, cutting edge research and public engagement.
- Finds - specialist assessment, analysis
- Environmental - plants, molluscs, insects, wood
- Geoarchaeology - pollen, microfauna, soils, sediments
- Graphics - reconstructions, display, exhibition, photography
- Conservation - on-site advice and laboratory services
- Publication - analysis, reporting, design and management
- HER data enhancement and audit
- Heritage asset management systems
- Metric survey including laser scanning
- Photographic survey and analysis
- GIS analysis, interpretation, consultancy, advice, training
- Training excavations
- Schools and universities
- Community projects
- Exhibitions and events
- Media management
- Web content - podcasts, videos, blogs