- About Us
Wessex Archaeology offers high quality in-house expertise in object conservation. Our conservator works closely with experts and specialists to provide a rapid, comprehensive service for terrestrial and marine archaeology, and social history collections.
Lynn Wootten ACR (ICON accredited conservator)
Lynn has over 35 years professional experience in conservation.
Services provided include x-raying facilities and a wide range of treatments for small finds and social history items. We also provide on site advice and assistance with collections care, as well as training and outreach.
- CBA training session on ‘Looking After Finds From Site’, 2013
- Lifting and conservation of a composite Anglo-Saxon bucket from excavations at Barrow Clump, Wiltshire 2012
- Excavation and reconstruction of an Anglo-Saxon brooch from the Time Team excavation at West Langton, Leicestershire 2011
- Reconstruction of an Anglo-Saxon glass claw beaker from the Farningham to Hadlow Pipeline excavation, Kent 2011
- Investigation of a ship’s barrel from the wreck of the Fenna, Lymington 2010
- Conservation of a Romano-British leather shoe from Amesbury, Wiltshire 2009
For more information about conservation issues please contact