- About Us
The Wessex Archaeology Gallery is a quick and easy way to find images to display on your classroom whiteboard. The images are free for educational use.
WEA Archaeological Resources
These WEA Archaeological resources were developed by WA for the Worker's Educational Association (WEA). To learn more about our work with the WEA follow this link.
Teacher’s Resource Packs
These teacher’s packs contain activities and suggestions to complement the teaching of history in schools. Each pack contains everything you need to begin work and the packs are free for you to use.
Key Stages 1 and 2
- Kingsmere Development Teacher’s Pack (PDF)
Key Stages 2 and 3
- Avebury Monuments Teacher’s Kit
- Local History Teacher's Pack (PDF)
- Tudor Seafaring Teacher’s Pack (PDF)
- WW2 Boats and Ships Teacher’s Pack (PDF)
- Victorian Boats and Ships Teacher’s Pack (PDF)
- WW2 Aircraft Crash Sites at Sea Teacher’s Pack (PDF)
- Abingdon Abbey Teacher’s Pack Webpage and Resources
- Celts & Romans Teacher’s Resources Webpage Local History Teacher’s Pack
- South Dorset Ridgeway Education Pack (PDF) and Virtual Tour
- The Young Archaeologists’ Club is an excellent way for young people to discover archaeology. We support the South Wiltshire Young Archaeologists’ Club.
- Explore the Seafloor is a website containing information, resources and games to aid the understanding of the seafloor and underwater archaeology.
- Time Travelling by Water offers fun resources related to coastal and marine archaeology.
- Celts & Romans is an educational resource with information, pictures and activities relating to the Celts and Romans in North Wiltshire.
Can you help archaeologists to match
the broken pieces of pot together?
Match the Pot Sherds! (exe for windows)
The following 9 activities and teacher's notes were produced in partnership with Historic England and local schools to enable students to discover how heritage sites can inform us of our local area in prehistoric times.
1) Archaeologist game print out
the activity sheet (PDF, 1.6MB)
2) Skeleton game
3) Dustbin game (572KB)
4) Time line
5) Bronze Age picture
6) Match the Monument (PDF, 1.7MB)
7) What did I look like?
8) What am I?
To find out more details about anything on the Learning pages please contact our