As part of the Festival of Archaeology this summer, discover the amazing archaeology at Barrow Clump, a Bronze Age burial mound and Saxon cemetery being excavated by injured Service personnel and veterans as part of Operation Nightingale.
Saturday 19th July 2014
11am - 4pm
No need to book, all ages welcome
- Witness the archaeological excavation
- Come face to face with Saxon warriors
- Handle replica Saxon artefacts with Wiltshire Museum
- Meet Channel 4's Time Team favourite Phil Harding
- Take part in activities for the whole family
- Plus lots more to see, do and discover!
For more details contact Laura Joyner
How to find us
Drive north on the A345 from the Amesbury junction of the A303, crossing one roundabout. Turn right at the 'C' tank crossing and follow signs to the parking area. Please note that the site is a 15-minute walk from the parking area. Limited spaces are available at the site for those with walking difficulties.