...will unfortunately not be available at our Open Day in Rochester, but there will be a lots of things to see and do!
Entry is FREE on 4 July 2015, there will be:
- Displays about sites we have worked on in Kent;
- Try your hand at finds processing and marking;
- See what environmental evidence looks like under a microscope;
- Some of the artefacts we have excavated (including this arrowhead);
- Sand-box excavation, colouring, dressing up, and a heritage trail for children;
- Find out what goes on in the ‘back room’ where some of the less well-known processes take place, such as Desk Based Assessment;
- and more...
Come along and chat to one of our archaeologists who can explain what life is like working for a modern archaeological company, and you will find it is exactly like an Indiana Jones movie!
By Mark Williams - Regional Team Leader, London & South East